- Government, Ministry of agriculture decided to encourage ornamental fish by supporting with 61 crores.
- They started encouraging for developing and exports by selecting few states in India like Assam, WB, Orissa, Maharastra, Gujarat, Karnataka, Tamilnadu and Kerala.
- To increase business and employment is main intention as demand is going on with less number of units are available.
- In market today, Demand is growing from urban to even rural, Where each fish is selling from minimum 10-20 rupees to thousands.
- About 400 varieties of ornamental fishes are available in world, Where majorly Goldfish, Koi carp, Tinfoil barb, Molly, Guppies, Barbs, etc are traded from Kolkata and Chennai to remaining parts of country.