Bangalore - Reliance Jio is new network operator set to launch by this year, 2016. Reliance network is there in India from few years but it is owned by anil ambani brother of dhirubai ambani. Now two years back, Dhirubai got idea to launch 4G services which provide fast data services of up to 100Mbps download. In this network we can download movie or data file in just less than 10 minutes. He acquired maximum spectrum on 4G in all circles in India by acquiring 96% stake in Infotel broadband services for 4,800 Crores.
According to their business strategy, They launched Jio network for employees and their relatives around 100000 to check and optimize the network before commercial launch. Later they started to give sims along with thier mobile company LYF. Now they are giving SIM cards for Samsung 4G smart phone holders but they need to download all digital JIO apps and request SIM. Now there is rumor that JIO will be offering 1GB data for less than 50% of cost which Airtel, Vodafone are offering. So, all other 4G networks are reducing their cost by 20 - 30%. Lets see the importance of JIO and why all other networks are worrying about this.
- It has network of 2,70000 KM of optical fiber network, Which is very fast medium for data transfer.
- It is having more than 92,000 towers in all circles in India.
- JIO is investing 1.3 trillion rupees in this biggest startup in the world.
- Average consumption of user till now is 26GB and increasing.
- Reliance LYF is offering 4G phone for only 2999/-
- Currently it is planning for commercial launch for 90% population in India.
- Rjio has 1.5 Million users(employees) even before commercial launch.
- Also invested 15000 crore to develop wireless network in extension to 4G.
Source - RJIO Fan Club.